Sunday, August 30, 2009

This week we learned about the letter "D" and we made our very first homemade doughnuts. They were "delicious", and the kids had fun "dipping', and "decorating" them. We were so proud of them.

We all went together for a bike ride. It was Zak's first time going on a long ride with us on his bike. He was going super fast and balancing pretty good. When we got home the training wheels came off and he has been pr acting riding on the grass with John. We'll see if he gets this year or not.


My kids have to be wherever I am and this is Makelle enjoying herself in my bathroom while I get ready.


We finally checked out the lake that is ten miles from our house. I feel bad it took us so long to go there. It was beautiful and and the water was warm. We had a great afternoon there together. My kids could play at the beach and in the water all day. It stayed shallow for a long time so it was lots of fun. We plan to take advantage of it lots more now that we know about it.


This is Makelle getting tickled on the toes and she can't do anything but laugh.

Lantz loved it but it is a long day for a little boy.

Way to go Makelle get him while he is buried!!


Lantz now has his two bottom teeth. They are just starting to show good, so big. He moves all over the place by reaching and rolling he gets what he wants one way or another. Crawling won't be to far away. A few days ago I heard him laugh in the other room and I could tell the kids weren't with him. I hurried to see what he was laughing about. He kept banging two toys together, his drill and pliers and then he would laugh and laugh and do it again. Makelle and Zak both do a good job making him laugh, they can do if forever and they all love it.

Makelle's latest thing is dancing and singing. We love to turn the music on and dance and shake and move all over the house. She also loves to sing but she just makes up her own songs. She also loves to read books and makeup the words. Just tonight we colored together and she was coloring in the lines, "just like you mommy." She also says the prayers one hundred percent by herself with no help.

Zak gave his first talk in primary today. We had it all ready and practiced. John stood outside the door and poked his head in to let them know he was there. But they never got John and he never went in, thinking Zak must not really have the talk today.Well apparently Zak just gave his talk by himself. Some leaders said he did good. I asked him what he said and he said it wasn't the talk we did for him it was two other things he couldn't remember. What a great boy, just wish we got to hear it, at least he didn't miss out. He is turning in to quite the artist and could draw all day. He really is getting good, and he loves to learn whatever we will teach him about.

John sleeps through most of his school, so nothing too exciting there. He loves the other guys so that is good. The actually drilling of teeth and such is hard for him so it humbles him. He did his home teaching this week and put fifty miles on his car and only got to teach one family. It is definitely different here. He also got the garage cleaned and all of the bikes hung so we officially have a two car garage with two cars parked in it.

Sellersburg just had there annual town celebration "Sellerburg Celebrates". We talked John into going to the parade and he actually liked it. The rest of us loved it and the kids got tons of candy. It was just a good small town celebration.
My great friend Amanda babysat last night while John and I went to dinner for a late anniversary. It was fantastic. There is nothing better than my favorite food with my favorite guy.

4 comments:

  1. You guys always do the funnest things! Such cutie pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are huge. Now if they would just forgive me for leaving and talk to me on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun I don't think I would ever dare attempt to make donuts. wow I cant believe how big lantz is getting sitting there and playing all him self what a cutie.. Sorry now I am the slacker my kids got your letter and sat right down to get yours ready and here it still sits I will have to get that done... The lake sure looked fun.. Hey I guess you heard about ali that is exciting, and ladonnas surgery was cancled which is kinda good I guess, I am going to take her out for her b-day next friday. well I dont have any news, Oh some time when we talk on the phone have me tell you a bout ladonna and I's Drug bust adventure unless she already has.. well tell the kids Hi and I love ya.. have a great labour day weekend we are headed to guess where? thats right wayne county...love ya bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun outing at the lake, however I don't remember the fat guy in one of the pictures, that must have been when I was in the restroom.

    ReplyDelete