Thursday, August 20, 2009

August update

It's only been a couple of weeks since I blogged but I have been getting a lot of complaints. Good to know people love us and want to keep updated. Honestly people I am busy trying to be a Mom, it is hard to take pictures of us learning and having fun when it is what we do everyday. So here are a few pictures I managed to get and an update. If Lindsey would just move back then she could have her job back as my full time photographer and blogger.

I neglected to mention last time that Zak bore his testimony for the first time. He was so excited to do it, and he thought about it for a while before he went up to the pulpit. He was thinking of all the things he knew for himself. He had me go up with him, and then he got a little bit nervous. He said two things. "I know Heavenly Father loves me. I know that President Monson is a prophet that I can follow him back to Heavenly Father. " What a great kid! Makelle wanted to go up too and then decided to wait for another time. I am proud of my kids for so many things, but I love that they know what is important and what brings true happiness. I also had a missionary moment this week. I was asked by a friend what we believe. It was a teaching moment for me, as I was at a loss for words. I had been praying for a missionary experience, and there it was. It was awesome and very exciting. Even though it was something so small, I had the opportunity to share. I will be ready next time for sure.

We love living here, everything about it is amazing. Who knew one little family could grow so much. We are definitely out of our comfort zone most of the time and it is wonderful. There is so much in the world to enjoy. Life is all about the experiences and we are enjoying our journey. Our branch is amazing, they truly are our family. I got to go with the youth last Saturday boating. It was loads of fun. I got to spend the whole day having fun and relaxing away from the kids and it was all magnifying my calling. But it is important to remember when being pulled on a tube, two thumbs up does not mean a-okay it means go twice as fast, whoops!

One thing my kids are doing great at is making new friends. They have tons of friends, it is wonderful to see them play together with others. I was feeling sad one day that my kiddos are growing up, but then I reminded myself that that is what life is all about. It is so exciting how they learn and grow each day. They love to learn. I am so glad Zak is home for one more year before kindergarten. We all have so much fun playing together everyday. I am so glad I get to be a Mom and especially a stay at home Mom!!

Some of their new friends.We always love getting packages in the mail. Madsens, Granny and Gramps, and Grandma and Grandpa keep us going with lots of fun surprises in the mail. We love it!!
The kids in their new clothes from Grandma Valynn


I can never think of anything to say other than, What a cute boy!
More friends

John in is White Coat, he has a big ceremony this weekend which I won't be able to go to. If only we had family around to babysit!

Zak doing a trick in the air.
Lantz always drooling and always happy.


Lantz's favorite thing to do is still to eat.

He's learned about mirrors, again what a cute boy.
I can't even be alone in the bathroom for five minutes to do makeup, this is what the kids do while I try to get ready once a week.
Makelle wearing makeup and her favorite vest that she insists on all of the time.


7 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful momma that loves to play with her kids. I wish I could be just half as good as you. Thank your for taking Karter and letting me have a nap. We are so glad that you are here, like I always say, answers to my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Thanks for updating... I'm sure it was my email that did it :) We're missing out on so much that we just need pictures ALL THE TIME! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and nice white coat John!!! Are the pockets inside awesome and are there lots of them???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley!!! I am in tears!! I wish we stayed in touch more. Your family is so cute!! I have only seen Zak and that was when he was a baby. I hope all is good it looks like you are having fun!! Did you get a new number?? Let me know I would love to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new pictures, and miss doing the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss ya sis. Its good to see the pics. thanks. Hey where is the stinken letter? my girls are bugging the crap out me, could you be kind and mail them a letter quick thanks love ya ton and tell the kids all hi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley!

    Your blog is so cute! Maria told me that you keep up with your blog so I google'd you and found it. Your kids are beautiful. They are getting so big.

    I'm adding you to my blog list so I can keep up with you.

    We have a blog...so you'll have to stop by! It's private though, so send me a message on facebook with your email address and I'll add you to our viewers.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete