Thursday, August 18, 2011

more summer

Here are some more pictures of our summer. Most are just us at home, but they are my favorite part of visiting John's family. The pictures are pretty random, but mostly in order. Hopefully the descriptions aren't too confusing.

We had the chance to go to the Mullin's house and Zak and his cousins rode their horses in their pond. I am terrified of horses, but did pet one (mostly so it wouldn't get any closer to me). The horses were really good, and even let the kids jump off of them into the pond. Zak had a great time.
Playing at the Science Museum and in the water. John and Ashley were at Youth Conference when we went to the museum, so LaDonna took Ashley's pass and ID because they look a lot alike. The guy at the museum asked her to see her ID three times before telling her the pass was expired (I handed her the wrong one). Oh well, makes for a funny story.
For the activity for Family Home Evening one night, we played the flour game. The purpose of the game is to cut away at the packed flour without having the penny fall of of the top. If the penny falls off of the flour on your turn, you have to dig it out with your mouth. Naturally I was the first to make it fall (in my defense, it was my first time playing). We all took a turn digging out the penny, except for John, so Ashley decided to just put flour in his face. It didn't turn out so well for her, and Lantz was just disgusted!
We went to a new lake (well the lake isn't new, but it was my first time going), called Hardy Lake. It was beautiful and not too hot, and we had the beach pretty much to ourselves for a couple of hours.
We went to the Fair one night to look at the animals, and Zak and Makelle wore their cowboy boots. They looked too stinking cute! Lantz fell while playing by the window and smacked his eye on the window sill. He got a nice goose egg and a little black eye. Have I mentioned that he is a nut?!
There are always silly pictures in forts when I come for a visit. Some of these pictures truly terrify me, I went into the fort with my niece and nephews, and somehow got pictures of three little monsters!
One day while the older kids were watching a movie, Lantz and I built a "tall tall tower". He told me what face we should make in each picture. I love this kid!
For the 24th of July, my mom sent the girls Pioneer bonnets (and Makelle a matching apron). Makelle wore hers to church, and Ash and I wore ours to dinner at a friends house. Makelle looked adorable. Ashley and I looked a little ridiculous, but we had fun. John and Lantz love chips and salsa! Ashley and the kids reading a book on the computer. Ashley will be mad that I put that picture on, but I think it is funny! Before doing our nails one day, the kids had to organize all of Makelle's nail polish. I don't think we ever actually go to the painting part!
More fort fun. This was our most amazing fort, we could all lay down comfortably in it and we watched Madagascar 2 while we were in there.
Lantz eating yogurt is almost as messy as Zak eating yogurt. Makelle's church smile. She is super shy at church, and won't smile or talk to anyone one, so we came up with the church smile. She has no trouble showing that off to people! Zak, Makelle, and I went on a date to see Ramona and Beezus and out to lunch. Makelle accidentally bit her finger while eating her french fries, so Zak bit his so that she wouldn't feel bad. What a good big brother!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! These are the best pictures ever! What cuties! And what fun times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe how big Lantz looks. . . I just saw him a few months ago and he wasn't that big. I love the pictures and the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete