Thursday, August 18, 2011

last week

I'm finally up to my last week of Indiana. My mom came to visit for my last week, and then we both flew back to Utah. I was happy to see my mom since it had been a couple of months, but I was also so sad because I knew that I had to leave when she left. I had such a great summer with my niece and nephews (and John and Ashley) and I am so lucky that I have had the summers off to spend with them.

While waiting for Grandma we played at the park. Her flight got delayed a few hours, so we had lots of time to get excited!
Since it was my mom's birthday when she arrived, we made her a minion cake (Despicable Me is her favorite). Makelle helped me make the cake, Zak helped John frost it, then Lantz stuck his fingers in it while we made the minions. Zak was responsible for the cutting of the cake a little later.

We took a trip to the zoo and saw the new baby giraffe and went to the sea lion show. It wasn't quite Sea World, but we still got a show (right Ash!?).
One of the mornings we played at the park. We were having a great time playing on the spider web, until Makelle and I were both climbing out and I stepped on her "favorite finger". She cried and cried and told me "you want to know the worst part? The part when you were stepping on my finger". I felt so bad, luckily she forgave me!
We had a very exciting trip to the Science Museum. We had been there for maybe 45 minutes when the fire alarm went off and we all had to evacuate in the middle of a huge rain storm. We were soaked through by the time we got to the car. Before we had to leave we were playing at the water station, and Zak turned the PVC pipe the wrong way a couple of times and looked like he had an accident. Luckily after going out in the rain the rest of his clothes were just as wet! We also had a sleepover movie party in the living room, made a family mural, and read tons of books.


At the park we found a fort that someone had built. I tried to get Zak to say he built it, but he told me that was dishonest because he didn't make the whole thing! They did make some improvements however, and Makelle swept all of the surrounding dirt so that it looked nice.

For our last day we played at home. We tried to fit everything in one last time. Zak and Makelle painted my nails, we played lego's, did tricks, played with play dough, colored and just spent the day together.

One day we watched Charlotte's Web and we all loved Templeton the rat. Lantz loved him so much that he made up a song for him!








Zak climbing a tree at the park. He is getting so tall and can do everything on his own!








No trip is complete without a game of Hopscotch, and Makelle is a pro!








Well that is the end of my summer in Indiana, so now I will finally turn the blog back over to Ashley. I had a wonderful summer and miss the family all terribly. Hopefully I will be able to get to Indiana again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the videos!!!! And I love those kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete