Friday, October 30, 2009

Journal Entry

I went to a Stake RS retreat last weekend and we had a journal workshop. I got excited to write in my journal again and started keeping one online. It was brought up that sometimes when we share thoughts or experiences it might help someone else. I felt impressed to share a little from my first entry. I learn everyday about someone new who looks at my blog so here are my thoughts to all of you friends and family.

It has been forever since I have written in a journal, I have just been lazy, but here it goes.

I have too many blessings and life is too wonderful to not make record of it. I love living here in nowhere Indiana. I know we were led here and I know that we are here to make a difference in the lives of others and to bless our own family. My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been strengthened so much in just this short six months. The happiness that comes from the gospel is so amazing. I love my little tiny branch, I never realized the importance of calling each other brother and sister. They truly are my family. Missionary work here is so awesome, what a great responsibility and opportunity. I am out of my comfort zone most of the time, but it is great.

John is almost done with his first semester of dental school. It hasn't been bad at all. He does most of his studying before school, so he can spend the evenings with us. Some things have been more challenging than other things. He has found that if he puts the Lord first, the Lord will bless him in all aspects of his life. He is the first counselor in the Elders Quorum and he has already grown. What a leader he is. I am always humbled by that man. He truly is my best friend. He loves me now matter what and he always make me want to be better. I become better because of him. He is an example to me of so many Christlike attributes. I am so grateful to be married to such an amazing man. He lives his testimony, honors his priesthood, and is a great dad. What did I do to deserve this guy and to call him my Husband? Our journey together is amazing and is the most wonderful thing in my life.

Zak, my little boy is already so grown up, where has all the time gone? I remember when it was just me and him. He has been such a joy in my life. I am so privileged to have him as my son. He has been special from day one. He has such a desire to learn new things. Already at such a young age he has a testimony. He knows what is right and wrong. He wants to be obedient because he knows that is how he can be happy. He helps John and I to stay on track. If he sees any hypocrisy in us he is quick to point it out. He is such a great big brother always serving his brother and sister. He has made a lot of new friends since our move and is really growing. Only one more year and my big boy will be gone to school. Am I really ready for that?

Makelle, what a beautiful girl. She is one of a kind. She has been strong willed and independent from day one. What do I do with such a cute and stubborn girl. How do I teach her how beautiful she is and guide her to make good choices. The future scares me. I like to tease John that he spoils her rotten, but I think I am just as to blame as he is. What a cutie, but she is definately teaching me patience.

Lantz is almost nine months old. He is not much of a baby anymore. He crawls all over the place and loves to be in his high chair eating. He pretty much is done with baby food and wants all the real stuff. He climbs up to things but hasn't really started to walk around the furniture. What a great boy he has been. He is so easy going and happy. Sometimes I feel like I don't give him the attention he deserves because he is so content.

I love being a mom. What a blessing to stay home with these little angels all day. I know I am lucky to be a mother and especially to such special children. Some times I feel overwhelmed. How do I be everything to everyone? I feel like I don't give any of them the time or attention they need, so why even try. Then I get encouragement from my Heavenly Father, John, my family and my friends.

I just got called last week to be the Young Women's president in our branch. What a responsibility, but what an opportunity. i have great counselors and I look forward to serving these young women. How do I help them to have testimonies that will sustain them through their early adult lives?


I have grown a greater appreciation for all of my family. How blessed I am to have such love and support from both sides of our family. Most of all I miss the hugs from my sisters and their families. Even though we are far away, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them and pray for all of them. What a blessing they are to me. I try to be better because of them.

Friends, a tender mercy form my Heavenly Father, I have come to realize now how many I left behind, and how much I love having friends here. What a great thing it is to surround myself with others who have goals just like me. I am thankful that I friends to fill the void of my family.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I wanted to you to write because I selfishly wanted to learn something. I look up to you in so many ways. I truely wish that I had your amazing qualities and positive outlook on life. I'm a drag, so thanks for picking me up. I love you!

    ReplyDelete