Monday, August 2, 2010

Monroe

We had a great trip to Monroe. We started off with a weekend with the Gerhauser/Day families. We went four-wheeling Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We had an exciting trip thanks to the Day's! Between broken four-wheelers, lost cousins, and a couple of crashes, we stayed on our toes.
One of the days we stopped by Hoover's for dinner after riding through the mountains. There was plenty of time to take goofy pictures while we waited for our food for forever. In Makelle's words, "HELLO, I want my water now!" It's probably the only restaurant that would let us all in looking the way we did.
After going home for a day, I (this is Lindsey again) got to go back down to Monroe with my parents and play for a couple more days. We played at the park, went bowling, had ice cream, and played outside in the trailer. We had tons of fun and I am so glad that I got to spend a little more time with the kiddo's and John and Ash.

The kids were great bowlers. All three beat Ashley and Grandpa!
We wish we could have stayed down there longer and that John's family lived closer! I had a great couple of months with them and hope that I can do it again.


We spent the last weekend in Monroe with the Bagley clan! We got to spend time doing one of our childhood favorites of going down the canal behind our house. The kids called it the lazy river and they liked it some of the time! We also went to some natural hot springs that are down the street. It makes me miss living in good old Monroe!

We also got some more good rides in this time with no broken four-wheelers and no crashes! The first day my nephews kept all of the little ones so it was only the adults! The next day we sisters stayed home with the babies and the dad's took the kids for a ride. We had an awesome time together as sister making cards! We also spent one afternoon at lunch together and getting pedicures, I could get used to that kind of a life!
Of course when we weren't riding trails we were playing games! We also got to hit the 24th BBQ and fill up on my favorite beef and we got to see the parade and fireworks for the 24th. I love the hometown feel during the 24th and getting to see everyone who ever lived there! We also got to go to church in Monroe a few times and it was great to see everyone. One of our favorite things was a huge 200 ft slip n slide down a huge hill. My sister rented it for our family and it was probably one of the favorites for all of us, even John. It just might get us back to Utah again. We don't have any pictures for now. Just take my word it was great!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE having my kids play with their cousins and I love love love being with my family! It was like we were never apart.

We had a wonderful trip to Utah! We made tons of memories, did all of our favorites and got to see most of our family. We will miss you all but we look forward to more great times in the future!

2 comments: