Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

What a great Thanksgiving we had. I have been feeling a little homesick as I think of the holidays approaching, so I didn't have high expectations for the day. We were just going to spend the day home alone, but some great friends from the branch and their families invited us for dinner. John spent the day before making all of the pies and I got to take my Frog eye salad. We spent the entire afternoon and evening there and it was great. We had a great time and the food was delicious. We also got to take food to a single non member lady who has lots going on and needed someone to talk to . It was great to help someone else and to brighten her otherwise bad day. I am grateful that the Fieldings were willing to share their home and family with us. We love you guys, young and old!! The kids had other kids to play with and we just got to relax, eat, and play games. It was fun to see how they made different things and to be around their great family. We survived our first holiday away from family and we loved it! We both commented how it was one of our best Thanksgivings. It is hard to believe that it could be so wonderful since we have such wonderful family and we were away from all of them but I guess it was tender mercy for us. So bring on the holidays!!!

November focuses on gratitude and thanksgiving so I took the time to think of a few of the things I am most grateful for in my life. What a great life I have and so many blessings.

Jesus Christ, my savior. I am grateful that he was born and that he died for me individually as if I was the only one on Earth. I am grateful for his atoning sacrifice which heals me. I am grateful that through the atonement I can give Christ all my pains, sorrows, worries, and disappointments. And in return I can have peace and happiness. I am grateful for his example and his love which I am trying to more fully develop.

A Heavenly Father that loves me, helps me and blesses me. I know he listens to my prayers and answers them. I know he is my Father and just as my earthly Father wants me to be happy and would do anything for me, so is My Heavenly Father. I know he rejoices when I make him proud, and can only imagine his pain and disappointment when I do wrong. I am thankful for a loving, forgiving, and protecting Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the Spirit. What an amazing feeling, I wish I could feel it all the time. I love the peace and complete happiness it gives me.

My parents. I know I am very blessed to have the parents that I have. I like Nephi have been born of goodly parents. Why I was so blessed I don't know, but I am very appreciative of them. I had a great childhood and always knew I was loved. Dad, thanks for the homemade breakfasts everyday. What an example they continue to be to me in my life. I am grateful they taught me the gospel by word and example. I am thankful for their worthiness at all times. How privileged I am to have such great parents for their love, example, teachings, and support. I know everything I am I owe to them. My mom continues to be a strength and example to me as I try to be more like her. She truly taught me that the most important things in life aren't things. And my Dad has given me the example of hard work which has blessed my life as I have tried to have that trait. I am grateful for a Dad who has stepped up and taken the place of Mom and Dad. I am grateful for their testimonies, their sense of humor and their goodness. I am grateful for family traditions and memories. That is all I have left from my mom and I am so grateful for them. I am grateful for all of their sacrifices for our family. I love watching my Dad with my kids and for all of the memories they have with him.

John, what an amazing guy. I am so grateful to be married, especially to such a wonderful guy. He continues to be an example to me everyday. He lives his testimony and I am grateful for that. He respects me and the kids. He is the most amazing father always teaching our kids, playing with them, correcting them with love, and providing opportunities for them to feel the spirit. I am grateful for the priesthood he holds, honors, and uses in our lives. I am grateful that he loves me enough to want me for forever. I am grateful to know he is always there. I may have left everything and everyone, but we are here together and that is all I need. He is the man of my dreams and so much more. He continues to amaze me everyday with his Christlike qualities. I appreciate his thoughtfulness around the house or helping with the kids. I love that we work together to share our duties. I admire how he receives inspiration for our family and truly presides over our family. He knows what he needs to teach for a family home evening lesson, or that he needs to write letters to his children.

Motherhood. What an amazing experience to be a mom. There is nothing better than the love of my children. I am so grateful to be the mom of such great kids and to be able to stay home with them each day. They fill my life with joy. The days can be tiring and challenging but always worth it. Especially when I hear them say they love me or I am the best or to hear them saying their prayers or singing primary songs. They help me want to be better everyday and I learn so much from them. I am grateful for their easiness to forgive me when I do wrong to them. I love their innocence.

Zak-What a tender hearted sweet little boy. I love this kid and am honored to be his mom. I love that he always wants to do what is right and to make me happy. I love his imagination and excitement about things. He loves to learn and I love how he thirsts after any type of information. I am thankful for his example as he reminds me what I need to be, just like him. I am grateful that he is so forgiving and that he is always willing to help his brother and sister. He really is the best example. My favorite things to do with him are to play missionaries and to read books.

Makelle-She has the most beautiful smile and I am grateful to see it many times a day. I am grateful to be a mom to this miniature Ashley. She is so sweet and girlie. I love that she likes to read books, cook, and go shopping with me. I love hearing her sing and to see her dance around the house. I love to see her face light up when she wants to tell me something and to hear her voice. What a beautiful girl to be around.

Lantz-Perfect, pure, and innocent describe this little guy. I am grateful for this perfect little man and that he loves me the most. I love his big grin when I get him out of his bed in the morning and I love to hear him laugh. He is getting his own personality and he so much fun. I look forward to him growing and getting more of his own personality. I can't get enough of him and I love to kiss his chubby cheeks.

Eternal Families-What good would be the love of my family, my parents, John and my kids if it all ended. I am so grateful for eternal families and the knowledge I have of them. I look forward with much anticipation to introduce my little angels to my mom one day, and then being together with my entire family FOREVER. This is one of the greatest blessings.

Freedom to worship, work, go to school and to have a family. What a blessing it is to live in this land. We can worship, live and be whatever we want.

My own home. After living without my home for two and a half years I am even more appreciative of my own little home. It may be small but it is my own and I love it. My own kitchen and my own little heaven on Earth. A safe warm place for my family.

Good Health is such a blessing for our family. I am so grateful that my children, John and I all have great health. What a great blessing it is. I am grateful for good health for my extended family. What a blessing it is to see my children's faces, the sunset and the beauties of the world. To smell clean, and yummy things, cooking. To hear my children's voices, and run and walk and hug. I am grateful for these simple and wonderful blessings. I am grateful for modern medicine and technology to bless my family. I am grateful that I can take my family to the doctor when I need to.

My family. I have THE best family in the world. I am so grateful that even though I am miles and miles away that we grow closer. I am grateful for siblings who have decided to take me in and be moms to me. I appreciate all they do for me and my family. My siblings and their spouses are truly my best friends and they are always doing things for me. I am grateful for great memories with them and their families and for all of our traditions. I am grateful for Joan and her willingness to be an awesome grandma to my kids and for always being so thoughtful. Johns family has become my own. I am so thankful to have such great in-laws. I am thankful for Johns' great parents teaching him to be what he is and for their example to my children. They are great grandparents and my kids adore them. I am grateful that they are so good to my children and for all they do for us. I am grateful for the relationship my children and I have with his sisters and what I learn from them.

Heritage-John and I have both been blessed with a great heritage. I am grateful to our our grandparents and their lives. They all continue to be examples to us. I am grateful for their testimonies, examples, and optimism. I am grateful for Granny and Gramps allowing us to live with them so that we could make our goal of dental school become a reality. I appreciate their sacrifice in our behalf.

School-What a blessing it is to get an education. Education has been and continues to be a blessing in our lives, as it opens up opportunities. I am thankful we have always been afforded this opportunity and for how it blesses our family.

Temple-I am grateful for temples and the sacred work that goes on there. I am grateful that we still live near a temple and that I can go their to feel peace,to serve, and to learn.

Food-I am grateful we have enough and more. I can't think of anything worse than to send my kids to bed hungry. I am grateful that we always have food to eat.

Friends-I am grateful for friends young and old and for what they do for me. For now friends have to take the place of family and I appreciate their willingness to love us. I feel sad that in four years I will once again leave all my friends here. They make my life happier. I love that they can fill the void of our family. We have so many great friends here and they all mean so much to me. I know I can call on them for anything, and I am grateful for the fun times we have, and for the good friends for my kids. I am grateful for friends far away that mean even more now that I am gone.

Kentuckiana-I love this place and I am so glad I get to live hear. It is so beautiful and I love the parks and fun things to do. It is a great place to live and I love being a part of it. I have come to appreciate all of the beauties God has created. I am grateful to live here. I love my Charlestown Branch family. What a blessing they are to me. I love that they are my family really like a family. I admire all of the sacrifices they make to serve in the church and for their strenghth and courage. I am grateful to be a part of the missionary work going on here. Life is great in Kentuckian and I am so glad I get to be in such a great place for four years. I know Heavenly Father guided us here and I am thankful for him helping us to end up here.

Trials-I am grateful for trials in my life that have helped me to be who I am and to have the testimony I have. The hard times definitely help me to recognize and appreciate the good times.

Cars-This modern day convenience is wonderful and I am glad that we have cars that work good.
Internet-I am grateful for a way to communicate long distance with family and friends. I love this convenience in my home

Mail-I love to get mail, and I am thankful for so many great people in my life who keep it coming. It always bring a smile to my face.

Music-I am grateful for beautiful music and the spirit it brings to me and into our home.

Four Wheeling-I miss it and I am thankful for all of the memories with family and friends. I look forward to it being a part of my life again.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me miss you guys even more!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete