Monday, February 9, 2015

Skiing

We are embracing the snow here and we are all going skiing.  John and I were able to find some super cheap and nice ski sets at a Japanese thrift store.  The Japanese take super good care of their stuff so it is like brand new.  We need to get the kids some but for now we rent.  Skiing here is super cheap and we have several resorts between 1-2 hours away.  John was able to take Makelle and Zak first and teach them how.  They loved it and went again a few days later.  Last week we got a sitter for the two little ones and Lantz and I joined them.  Lantz didn't love it and he wanted to quit at first but then he did good for a while until he got cold.  I got to ski with the other kids while John was teaching Lantz. It was such a fun day to hang out with the big kids.  My favorite was getting one on one time with Zak or Makelle on the lift and getting to chat.  Makelle was by mysids at the first to comfort me and remind me how to ski.  Zak was doing all sorts of crazy jumps and Makelle was brave and tried one too.  Zak did one jump that had him up to the trees and sent him down on his face.  It was crazy!  We had such a great day and we all can't wait to go again!






1 comment:

  1. So fun! Logan would love to try skiing - unfortunately Adam and I don't ski :(. We'll send him to you guys for a lesson ;). And is that the Cream Cornatine I've heard so much about?

    ReplyDelete