Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crazy kids and lots of family fun!

Lantz has turned into quite the little stinker these days. He loves to stand up in his bed and throw out all of his pacifiers instead of going down for a nap. He also knows when he is about to do something naughty because he looks at me and then he goes for it all while looking at me. He is starting to imitate things that we do like blowing bubbles and making sounds. He loves to chase and play peek-a-bo0. His favorite thing by far is to be in his high chair eating. He is also climbing onto things and he can walk around the furniture. Let's just say my house looks like a tornado came thru because there are Christmas decorations everywhere. Oh, well I wouldn't want it any other way. He is definitely turning in to a mamma's boy. Lately whenever John is home he just wants me to hold him and he won't just play around. Probably because when John comes home I have to leave somewhere. Hopefully he will get over this soon or it will be a long month.

Makelle has this new thing where she puts her hand on her hip for everything while she is talking, sitting, standing, doing anything. What a cutie. She can ride her bike really good now so she wants to go for a bike ride everyday. Now that it is cold she decides to ride her bike. What a stinker. Makelle was saying the prayer the other day and she always prays for Grandma and Grandpa to drive home safe and she prays for Jesus. Well in this prayers she got confused and said please help Grandma and Grandpa to go home safe to Jesus. Really hope that prayer isn't answered in the near future. I never laugh in prayers but it was so cute and I looked at John smiling and it made me laugh. Then I felt so guilty and Zak gave me a ten minute lecture about not laughing or opening our eyes during the prayer. Tonight John and the kids were eating at the table while I was at the sink. I was telling John a story and he wasn't commenting and after a few minutes Makelle said, "Mom who are you talking to, yourself?"

Zak has had his share of doctor appointments this month but he is doing great. The cardiologist was able to verify with an echo that his heart murmur is innocent so that was great, and now we don't ever have to worry about that again. We had a little scare the day after Thanksgiving, when we thought he had a hernia. We took him to see the doctor and they were afraid it was a testicular torsion. We had to get him to the children's hospital in Louisville so they could take an ultrasound to verify the diagnosis and then send him in for surgery. Thanks to a blessing, lots of prayers, and fasting we were able to get a little miracle. After four doctors, 6 hours, many tests and pictures he was diagnosed with an infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Thanks for the prayers and helping that miracle to happen. The medicine is working, his swelling has gone down and it doesn't hurt anymore so life is good. Tonight the kids were roasting marshmallows over the stove and after they were done Zak put his hand on the stove so now he has a huge blister on his hand. Guess he won't do that again!

John has a few days left of school and then next week is finals. It is crazy to think we are almost done with our first semester of dental school. We are so excited to have him him for several weeks. Maybe we'll take a little trip somewhere close by or maybe I'll just get all my honey do's done!!

Life is busy and crazy and then sometimes not but it is great! I love this time of year and I am excited to enjoy the Christmas spirit everyday. I have to remind myself that what my kids want most is a nice and happy mom which is always easier said than done. I did take a day for myself last weekend and went to a Gap and Old Navy clearance store, not an outlet, a clearance store. It was fantastic and worth the two hour drive. The most I paid was fifteen bucks for some huge nice winter coats for my kids. I got some jeans, khaki's, and sweaters for 7-10 bucks. It was amazing!! Thanks to Amanda for introducing me.

It is starting to get cold here. I guess it is December so that should be expected but it was so nice for so long and now it is COLD!!


Zak's latest injury of burning his hand. He wanted me to send this to everyone so they could pray for him!
John and the kids "roasting marshmallows over an open fire".
Buds
Just sharing a drink together in their hut.
Lantz getting ready to eat Zak's boot and John scratching not picking his nose.
The boys made a hut while Makelle and I were out playing in the rain.
Makelle showing you her tonsils!
Makelle begged and begged me to go play in the rain, so of course I did. She loved it and there is the perfect beautiful smile to prove it.


Some of our friends invited us over to make Christmas cookies. We had a great time and love doing things with them and getting to play at their house. I was too slow to get a good picture, especially of Makelle just sticking her hand in the frosting and get a handful of frosting to eat. She had it clear up in her nose.
We made reindeer handbands and taped on noses to be reindeer. The kids loved crawling around and pulling Santa's sleigh. This is all of the reindeer nose kissing.
Here is the littlest reindeer. He was so confused at what was going on.

We were watching Karter and my kids love to babysit and play with him so they wanted a picture.
We made gingerbread houses for FHE and the kids did great on their own mini houses.


Lantz getting Zak's sucker from him after Zak was just giving him a lick. Good luck getting that back Zak! Lantz can stand up in his high chair and grab a hold of Zak during dinner and try to get him and his food. What a stink.

Lantz after he figured out how to climb on to the trampoline.
Still his favorite place.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You guys have so much fun! And I think Lantz's real problem is John's bald head. It freaks him out (Haha!). Tell Zak I hope his hand gets better soon. It looks so ouchy! Loves all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I say this every blog update, but I love blog updates! I can't wait to see you guys. Three weeks from today!

    ReplyDelete